The Assembly at Warner Robins is a local fellowship of the Assemblies of God. We hold to the beliefs of the Assemblies, called the 16 Fundamental Truths.
We believe the Bible is inspired by God and is
“the infallible, authoritative rule of faith and conduct.”
The Scriptures, both the Old and New Testaments, are verbally inspired of God and are the revelation of God to man, the infallible, authoritative rule of faith and conduct.
- 2 Timothy 3:15-17 [KJV/NIV]
- 1 Thessalonians 2:13 [KJV/NIV]
- 2 Peter 1:21 [KJV/NIV]
We believe there is only one true God who exists as a Trinity.
The one true God has revealed Himself as the eternally self-existent “I AM,” the Creator of heaven and earth and the Redeemer of mankind. He has further revealed Himself as embodying the principles of relationship and association as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- Deuteronomy 6:4 [KJV/NIV]
- Isaiah 43:10-11 [KJV/NIV]
- Matthew 28:19 [KJV/NIV]
- Luke 3:22 [KJV/NIV]
We believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God and,
as the second person of the Trinity, is God.
The Lord Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God. The Scriptures declare:
His virgin birth,
His virgin birth,
- Matthew 1:23 [KJV/NIV]
- Luke 1:31 [KJV/NIV]
- Hebrews 7:26 [KJV/NIV]
- 1 Peter 2:22 [KJV/NIV]
- Acts 2:22 [KJV/NIV]
- Acts 10:38 [KJV/NIV]
- 1 Corinthians 15:3 [KJV/NIV]
- 2 Corinthians 5:21 [KJV/NIV]
- Matthew 28:6 [KJV/NIV]
- 1 Corinthians 15:4 [KJV/NIV]
- Acts 1:9 [KJV/NIV]
- Philippians 2:9-11 [KJV/NIV]
We believe mankind was created good by God
but was separated from God through original sin.
Man was created good and upright; for God said, “Let us make man in our own image, after our likeness.” However, man by voluntary transgression fell and thereby incurred not only physical death but also spiritual death, which is separation from God.
- Genesis 1:26-27 [KJV/NIV]
- Romans 5:12-19 [KJV/NIV]
We believe salvation “is received through repentance
toward God and faith toward the Lord Jesus Christ”.
- Luke 24:47 [KJV/NIV]
- Romans 10:13-15 [KJV/NIV]Mankind’s only hope of redemption is through the shed blood of Jesus Christ the Son of God.
- Salvation is received through repentance toward God and faith toward the Lord Jesus Christ. By the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit, being justified by grace through faith, man becomes an heir of God, according to the hope of eternal-life.
- The inward evidence of salvation is the direct witness of the Spirit.
- Romans 8:16 [KJV/NIV]
- The outward evidence to all men is a life of righteousness and true holiness.
- Ephesians 4:24 [KJV/NIV]
We believe there are two ordinances,
water baptism and Holy Communion.
- The ordinance of baptism by immersion is commanded by the Scriptures. All who repent and believe on Christ as Saviour and Lord are to be baptized. Thus they declare to the world that they have died with Christ and that they also have been raised with Him to walk in newness of life.
- Mark 16:16 [KJV/NIV]
- Acts 10:47,48 [KJV/NIV]
- Holy Communion, or The Lord’s Supper, consisting of the elements –bread and the fruit of the vine– is the symbol expressing our sharing the divine nature of our Lord Jesus Christ
- 2 Peter 1:4 [KJV/NIV]
- 1 Corinthians 11:26 [KJV/NIV]
We believe that the baptism in the Holy Spirit is a
separate and subsequent experience following conversion.
Spirit baptism brings empowerment to live an overcoming
Christian life and to be an effective witness.
All believers are entitled to and should ardently expect and earnestly seek the promise of the Father, the baptism in the Holy Spirit and fire, according to the command of our Lord Jesus Christ. This was the normal experience of all in the early Christian Church. With it comes the enduement of power for life and service, the bestowment of the gifts and their uses in the work of the ministry.
- Acts 1:8 [KJV/NIV]
- 1 Corinthians 12:1-31 [KJV/NIV]
- Acts 10:44-46 [KJV/NIV]
We believe the baptism of believers in the Holy Spirit is witnessed
by the initial physical sign of speaking with other tongues
as the Spirit of God gives them utterance.
- Acts 2:4 [KJV/NIV]
- 1 Corinthians 12:4-10 [KJV/NIV]
We believe sanctification is “an act of separation
from that which is evil, and of dedication unto God”.
It occurs when the believer identifies with, and has faith in,
Christ in his death and resurrection.
It is understood to be a process in that it requires
continual yielding to the Holy Spirit.
- 1 Thessalonians 5:23 [KJV/NIV]
- Hebrews 13:12 [KJV/NIV]
We believe the Church’s mission is to seek and save all who are lost in sin;
the Church is the Body of Christ and consists of all people
who accept Christ, regardless of Christian denomination.
- Ephesians 2:22 [KJV/NIV]
- Hebrews 12:23 [KJV/NIV]
We believe divinely-called and scripturally-ordained ministers
serve the Church for the fourfold purpose of leading the church in:
- Evangelization of the world.
- Mark 16:15-20 [KJV/NIV]
- Worship of God.
- John 4:23,24 [KJV/NIV]
- Building a body of saints being perfected in the image of His Son.
- Ephesians 4:11-16 [KJV/NIV]
- Meeting human need with ministries of love and compassion.
- Psalms 112:9 [KJV/NIV]
- Galatians 2:10; 6:10 [KJV/NIV]
We believe divine healing of the sick is provided for in the atonement of Jesus.
- Isaiah 53:4,5 [KJV/NIV]
- Matthew 8:16,17 [KJV/NIV]
We believe the “imminent and blessed hope” of the Church is its rapture
preceding the bodily return of Christ to earth.
- 1 Thessalonians 4:16,17 [KJV/NIV]
- Romans 8:23 [KJV/NIV]
We believe the rapture of the Church will be followed by the visible
return of Christ and his reign on earth for a thousand years.
- Zechariah 14:5 [KJV/NIV]
- Matthew 24:27 [KJV/NIV]
- Matthew 24:30 [KJV/NIV]
- Revelation 1:7 [KJV/NIV]
There will be a final judgment and eternal damnation for the “wicked dead.”
- Mark 9:43-48 [KJV/NIV]
- Revelation 19:20 [KJV/NIV]
There will be future new heavens and a new earth “wherein dwelleth righteousness.”
- 2 Peter 3:13 [KJV/NIV]
- Revelation 21 [KJV/NIV]